Monday, April 14, 2008

recap

ok. so i had some unique experiences today, so i thought i'd share.

jackie and i got bored, and we both didn't have class, so we decided to walk to burger house to get shakes. on the way there, i saw a supercuts, and as we were passing by, got this sudden, irresistable urge to get a haircut. so acting on impulse, we walk in and set up appointments for trims. yay. we then proceed to burger house to pick up awesome shakes, and jackie gets amazing cheese fries...must go back for some of those when i'm hungry.

we make it back to supercuts, and i'm first so i sit in my chair. the hairstylist asks me to take off my glasses, so i'm pretty much blind as she works on my hair. after she's done, she says, "like it?" so i put on my glasses...and hate it. it's not terrible, it was simply a relayering job. but it looks so...drab. i guess i really miss jesse's haircuts :\ i may have to find someone to touch it up for me. so lesson number 1: don't do impulsive haircuts from someone you don't know. switching hairstylists is like sleeping with another person...it just freaks you out and doesn't work.

i'm also sick. which means i was pretty drugged up earlier today. it's actually a weird, good feeling...i felt detached from my body, and kinda like i was travelling above it. i still feel that way, and the drugs have worn off. :)

thenn...in my investigative reporting class, i get my second draft back, and i look at the last page with my professor's comments...and i swear, my heart dropped to the ground. i had accidentally sent him the wrong draft, so he got the unfinished, rambling, full of thoughts and fragments one. so after class, i went up and told him so, and he replied with a "well, fucking thank goodness." then went on to say that school's need punishment for this reason, pounding his podium for emphasis. we ended the conversation with him asking me if i take a lot of drugs. and since i did today, i replied with a "sure do!"

this is really long. and my head's swirling again...and i'm not even drugged up. i hope this sickness thing goes away soon, it's really not much fun.

No comments: